Can't wait for your Hawaiian vacation getaway? Wouldn't it be so much better if you could do some things that were absolutely FREE? Well, you can! Here are 10 FREE things to do while vacationing in Maui.
Hawaii Latest News
- After debate gets heated, assisted-suicide bill is defeated in Hawaii - Lifesite
- Big Island Councilors Oppose Mayor's Composting Plan - U.S. News & World Report
- NASA tests observing capability on Hawaii's coral reefs - Phys.Org
- 'Bows remain undefeated at home with Senior Night win - Hawaii News Now
- Hawaii Foodbank takes a bite out of hunger at 11th annual Great Chefs Fight Hunger culinary event - Hawaii News Now
Like Us on Facebook
Shakatime blog posts
A Kukui Nut comes from Hawaii’s state tree, the Kukui, and it is one of the most common trees you will see in Hawaii’s forests.
One of my favorite Hawaiian desserts is coconut pudding, or as we call it in Hawaii, Haupia. It's a simple dessert made with coconut milk and is often served at luaus, weddings, and other local gatherings. It is so popular in Hawaii that it is served at all of the local McDonalds as Haupia Pies just as they sell their traditional apple pies. I enjoy trying out all kinds of foods from across the world, do you? Try out this recipe and share with us your thoughts. Or try out other Hawaiian Treats and leave us your comments.
4 cups coconut milk
Here are 5 reasons why Kona Coffee is so highly sought after...
Graduation is here and with that means its lei time. Lei’s have become a part of graduation ceremonies not only in Hawaii but all across the United States. It’s become a tradition in Hawaii to give leis at graduation and its almost a popularity contest on who received the most leis. Can you see over them or are they spilling out over your head. Yes, sometimes the leis are piled so high that the person cannot see over them.
Rayon fabric is not as sturdy as cotton and therefore, requires more care. However, the fabric is well worth the extra care and will last a long time with just a few extra minutes of care.
I am often asked if there are any rules to wearing a lei? Is there a wrong way or right way? Some people are interested in traditional culture, others don't want to break any cultural rules, and some just don't want to look silly if they wore it wrong. Here are a few simple guidelines for you to follow.
Congratulations to our winner of our Tropical Bags Giveaway. We asked all of you to send in your photos wearing your favorite Hawaiian Clothes. We selected one random winner from all of our entries. Jenni received her choice of our beautiful Blue/White Tropical Club Bag or our orange/white Tropical Beach Bag. Again, Congratulations Jenni!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and our blogs to keep posted on our next Giveaway and any specials we have coming up. Visit us at www.shakatime.com Mahalo!
1. Watch a hula show at Kuhio beach . A few times week you can catch Hawaiian performers at their free show near the Duke Kahanamoku statue in Waikiki. Torches are lit, a conch shell blows at the start of the show, and Hula is performed. After the show why not take a stroll along the beach and enjoy the beautiful sunset.